Rage 2 features 13 Arks that contain some of the best weapons and abilities in the entire game. In this guide, we’ll tell you where each Ark is located, what loot it offers and any extra tips that may be required to open the container. Check out the full list of all locations below.
Rage 2 All 13 Ark Locations
1) Dash : The first Ark is completely unavoidable since it’s in the tutorial, and it offers the Dash ability. There’s no need to offer a specific location for this one.
2) Junker’s Pass: Found towards the center of the Twisted Canyons region. You’ll come to a large outpost, which is probably best entered from the right side. Like most of these Arks all you want to do is clear the enemies and make your way to the back. You’ll find a huge chest you can’t miss. It contains the Shatter ability, which is a strong melee attack that’s formidable enough to bust through armor.
3) Great Crack Ark: This is where you’ll find the Great Crack Ark, due north of the Ark you just came from. You’ll come to a small desert town you must clear and then push toward the back of the area. As a reward you’ll get the Grav-Jump. This ability is essentially an upgradeable double jump.
4) Canyon Cove Ark: Head east from the Great Crack Ark as shown on the map below. Most of your combat will be centered around a singular, large building. Be careful with this Ark in the early stages, because the enemies found here can be quite troublesome if you’re not prepared. Level up and open all the previous Arks before coming here. As a reward you get the Defibrillator ability that allows you to regenerate health by pressing certain button combinations.
5) John Marshall Ark: During the campaign you’ll eventually start doing missions for a man named John Marshall. In his first mission, you’ll be tasked with visiting the sewers. Shortly after entering the area, you should see an Ark. You’ll get the Combat Shotgun weapon for going there.
6) Earthscar Ark: You’ll find this Ark in the northern quadrant of the Torn Plains region. This one is basically just a big open area with an Ark on a hill. Get the Slam ability here.
7) Strongbox Ark: This Ark is southeast of the previous one. Make your way through the city streets to find the Ark in the back. You’ll get the Smart Rocket Launcher for handling the threat.
8) Spikewind Ark: To the southwest you’ll find this Ark. It offers a mostly standard encounter with the exception of a huge mech boss that can be taken down before mopping up the smaller foes. It may help to take some grenades or the Smart Rocket Launcher with you for this one. You’ll see the Ark next to some tall buildings. Inside is the Barrier ability that basically acts as a deployable wall.
9) Dealypipe Ark: This Ark can be found nestled in the Sekreto Wetlands, so it’s probably best seen from above with a vehicle like the Icarus. Eventually you’ll come to a boss and a few enemies that should go down easy after a few hits with the Smart Rocket Launcher. Enemies gone, the Rush ability is yours. As implied by its name, it’s basically a sprint buff.
10) The Dank Catacombs: Also in the Wetlands, you’ll find this Ark. It’s a fairly traditional village setup with your prize in the back. You get the Firestorm Revolver, which is a powerful handgun that can incinerate large groups of foes at once.
11) Shrouded Vault: This Ark is in the eastern corner of the Dune Sea.
You can’t open it at first, but it’s possible to unlock it by following the two large pipes to the south and east of the building. At Substation Alpha to the south, take out the enemies and climb down into the underground bunker. You’ll eventually come to a large control room with a pullable lever that reveals a Reactor. Use Focus and bullets on the Reactor to break it.
At Substation Bravo to the east the process is basically the same. Kill the enemies in the area to open the door to a building. On the second floor of the building there’s a lever that reveals a Reactor. Break the reactor, return to the spot on the map, go down the elevator and pull the final lever to get the Charged Pulse Cannon. It’s one of the most powerful guns in the game.
12) Needle Falls Ark: You’ll find this Ark to the southwest on a big rock. Inside is the Grav-Dart Launcher.
13) Greenhaven Ark: The final Ark is in one of the northmost points of the map.
There’s a huge boss here that should be killed after dealing with the grunts. Do your best to avoid its charge attack, laser and pulse. The main goal is to damage the two batteries on its back to take down its shields. Once you do, you can start dealing actual damage. Heavy artillery of all kinds is the key to victory here. Your reward is another awesome gun, the Hyper-Cannon Railgun.
That’s all there is to know about all 13 Ark locations in Rage 2.
Rage 2 is available now on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Were you able to find all 13 Arks in Rage 2 using this guide? Which ability or gun is your favorite? Tell us in the comments section!